Sunday 30 June 2013

Mah-jong and early onset dementia


 

I have tried many brain training games since my diagnosis of Lewy Body Dementia, but the one which seems to keep me focused the most is Mah-jong.

I originally picked this up from one of my Granddaughters who has a border form of Asperger’s syndrome and she was so focused on doing this that I thought I had to try doing it. She actually spent time sitting next to me showing me what to do, which was fine till I tried to do it on my own.

I have now become accustomed to it and enjoy doing it most nights after tea instead of switching off for the night.

It is good for many reasons but I do think that once you realise it is pairing things up it becomes easier to fathom and can become addictive if you are not careful.

I had lost some of my brain training games when we were flooded at home last year, and could not find replacements, but this has helped me, and to be honest it is better than sitting in front of the television as it all seems to be rubbish these days and the BBC news is not inspiring as it’s all murders and wars, there is nothing cheerful these days

I would recommend people who have just been diagnosed early these days to try this as it can actually keep you thinking. My only problem these days is my eyes as I have a problem with double vision, but I cope by closing one eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...