Monday 20 January 2014

Another bad night

Another very long night, when I could not get comfortable in bed, as I was breathless and very uncomfortable around my chest and back, so I got up and sat in my arm chair.

Last week I was told that I could now have pleurisy, which is odd when they have been telling me that it was a chest infection
 
I did not sleep much in the chair, but was comfortable as I had a pillow behind my back for support. I had my Chest x ray this morning, and now I have to wait another 7-10 days before I get my results back from my doctors....        
   
The x ray department said that I should have been seen well before now, but I guess that’s all down to the National Health Service, who for some reason keeps changing the rules about arranging X rays.                                      
                              
This is my third set of antibiotics and steroids this time round, the fourth in six weeks, so I just want this over with now. I was told that if this does not clear, this time round I would be admitted into hospital, but I know that I am not even considering that option, after the problems I had when I had pneumonia.

 
After that I ended up with a fear of hospitals, because the place was absolutely grim, and the toilets and bathrooms were filthy, so I have no intention of going into another one. As well as that, with my memory problems I get confused in those places, and they will not want me there with my graphic nightmares



I just want to get back to giving presentations about living with dementia, not feeling like a caged tiger, I guess I am just a very bad patient 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...