Sunday 15 June 2014

Eyes problems again

After over a year of eye tests at home and at the eye hospital for changes in my eyesight leading to blurred and double vision at times, and being fitted with reading and distance glasses both of which had prisms in, I have now had an eye test only to be told that all these tests were a waste of time, as no one had taken on board the changes in the brain due to Lewy body dementia.



This makes me wonder why these people are allowed to practice if they don't listen to what the patient tells them.
Both my wife and I had told these people that I had this illness, yet they totally dismissed our comments and went their own way.


It seems that eye problems are quite common in Lewy body dementia and Parkinson's dementia which are I understand the same illness, so why are these people not trained to understand this, as it would save a lot of time as well as money.


So let's hope that all opticians etc are trained in dementia etc in the future, so that our lives are made that little bit easier.


Needless to say, I am now using my old distance and reading glasses again until my new glasses are made up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...