Thursday 23 October 2014

Brilliant day

I have a brilliant day today. It all started when I went to Northumbria University to speak to graduate nurses about living well with dementia.

Thus was a very good session, as most people seemed to be very animated and interested. We discussed all of the problems we face on a normal day, and also discussed being treated with dignity and respect.

After the session there were many questions, from people who wanted to know more about certain topics, but on the whole my wife and I felt it was well received, and well worth doing.

That was my second session this week, and I return on Friday to do the third and final session before Christmas. 

This university is doing so much work on dementia awareness, within most departments, that I feel honoured to be part of it.  I now feel that dementia is getting the prominence it requires in Newcastle upon Tyne, due to the work this university is doing.

Well done Northumbria University

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...