Thursday 23 October 2014

Doctors to be paid more to diagnose dementia patients

Yesterday we heard that the government were going to pay family doctors £55 for every patient they diagnosed with dementia.
This has caused many people to complain about this

For one reason they were paid they were paid to diagnose people a few years ago, and now they are being paid yet again for something which many regard as nothing more than bribery.

Surely these doctors should be qualified to diagnose people as a matter of coarse without extra payment. 

It has also been pointed out that some may try to raise the money by mis diagnosing patients, something which is causing concern among some people who have the illness.

When I was working as an engineer, I knew my job role, and never got extra money for doing my normal job so why should these people. 

Many doctors simply don't understand or know anything about dementia, many simply tell the patient that they are stressed or depressed, when they have no idea what he person is going through.

So please Mr Cameron stop using Dementia patients to raise your profile, because many of this view this as another government gimmick. 
And nothing else. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...