Friday 7 August 2015

Grit and Grace

I was sent a copy of this book by Fritzi Gros-Daillon, and although I found it hard at times, and at times funny, but not in a bad way.

It explains the problems faced by individuals and families, when things like memory problems start, and explains who some of these people coped with their individual problems

I confess that it has taken me some time to read, but that is partially down to me eyesight problems, and the fact that I struggle some days to work things out clearly in my head.

But it made me realise that others have gone down the same route, and have managed to cope with different problems, so if they can do it so can others, given the support and help they need at the time

There were times when I laughed and cried at times, but its understanding how others deal wit each process they come across, and like it or not we are all individuals, and look at things in totally different ways

As the book say, it teaches us lessons in Kindness, Empathy, and Love
But its written with sensitivity and humour, something that many forget about these days


I can recommend this book to people who are starting out on this journey, because we get answers from respected "carers or caregivers". people who may be struggling to cope with the extra burden of caring for someone 24/7, without any extra support
I personally think the title sums the book up and can honestly say that I will keep it on the bookshelf to read again  

I would like to thank the author for allowing me to read this, and I would like to recommend it to others

Please remember that we are all so different, and look at things an vastly different ways, no two people will deal with the same problem the same way, but at least this explains how some people have dealt with their problems





This book can be bought through Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...