Saturday 30 September 2017

Lovely Summer

I found this blog post sitting in the saved box, where I had forgotten all about it, so I thought I would post it before it was forgotten or lost altogether



Apart from my chest and memory problems etc, we had a lovely summer, although most of this was through staying at our static caravan in Barnard Castle where the air is much cleaner that at home

I find it relaxing here and most of the people around the town are very friendly.

During this time I enjoyed lots of short walks around the town and River side, where there is so much to see.



                                      The old castle walls

                                                  Galgate
                                                  Looking up the River Tees

                                    Looking down towards the main shops and market place


One day we went on the Settle to Carlisle railway which has only recently opened again after the landslide







We also went on a coach tip to see the Great Yorkshire show at Harrogate. This day was very hot, and I got tired very quickly, so I never took any photographs

This was a lovely day as it reminded my of the local County Shows we used to go to as children, however I don't think that they were on this scale

I used to be a Special Constable with Durham Police force before I got married, and worked at many of these events


On another day we went to Wolsingham show in the Wear Valley.
Here we saw lots of farming equipment and animals, along with Alpacas which was a novelty.

There were a lot of old machinery and cars on display to which brought back many memories





















No comments:

Post a Comment

I always say that we may have this illness, but we are all so different.

This is my own daily problems, but I would gladly share anyone elses, if they send them in,

End of the blog

After giving it a lot of thought over the last few months, I have decided to finally stop writing this blog now This is for a few reasons, b...